Monday, December 21, 2015

Cute (and healthy!) Neighbor Gift Idea!

Jared has been dabbling in hydroponics.
This man and his interests never cease to amaze me.
I think he is addicted to learning new things, because he is the master at 
learning any new trade that sparks something in his brain!




A little over 2 months ago he decided to grow some lettuce. I think, in his mind, he was thinking that maybe some how he could turn this hobby into a way to make money so he wanted to see how many he could grow at once to sell at farmers markets. I think he had about 100 romaine lettuce plants and a bunch of kale. He also has started a bunch of herbs and tree seedlings!
Jared learned a lot over the months the lettuce was growing, what worked and what didn't. I think the biggest problem is space. This set up takes up our whole garage so there isn't a lot of room for his other hobbies and interests to fit in his work space. ( I had to give up on parking in my garage years ago! )

The lettuce was ready to harvest just in time for the Christmas season and I had to find homes for all our yummy, organic, home grown lettuce before it went bad, and that is where my idea for neighbor gifts was born!


Picking the lettuce...

Packaging it all up!


Wow, that's a lot of lettuce!







Lettuce us wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Love,

The Jaynes Family











No comments:

Post a Comment